Search
Who's Online
0 registered and 11 anonymous users online.
Newest Members
cdefgh156328, mnopqr755780, vwxyz{187162, pqrstu472017, vwxyz{651770
213 Registered Users
Forum Stats
213 Members
29 Forums
703 Topics
2954 Posts

Max Online: 208 @ 01/15/20 07:11 AM
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#3063 - 06/30/10 10:57 AM ZYNGA GAMES
Michael45 Administrator Offline
Admin
old hand

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Zynga games have been all the rage on some social websites, but it seems now they are plauged with errors. A recent acticle came out wondering why people have stopped playing the games. They make up excuses saying because it's summer or people are just doing other things, but this is only a half truth. If you go to their forums you will see that their games are full of errors and long term problems are not being addressed in a timely manner.
They also charge people for points or funny money to use in their games and they collect it through paypal or credit card.
People are buying up points in order to play the games that should be dropping points and other things to complete whatever game they are playing.
Are you getting the points promised? If not, and you are buying them to complete tiers of the game then that is, in my opinion, considered fraud.

Anyone who has been playing these games and paying for stuff you should be getting free because of errors that Zynga hasn't fixed, please contact the Better Business Bureau.
Zynga games is located in San Francisco, CA.

#3064 - 06/30/10 11:00 AM Re: ZYNGA GAMES [Re: Michael45]
Admin
old hand

Seems like Zynga games has been getting alot of complaints. Here is what the BBB has to say:

BBB Rating for Zynga Game Network, Inc.
Based on BBB files, Zynga Game Network, Inc. has a BBB Rating of A- on a scale from A+ to F.
Reasons for this rating include:
•Length of time business has been operating.
Click here for an explanation of BBB Ratings
Based on BBB files this company has a pattern of complaints. Complaints show no response from customer service to phone calls and emails, gaming accounts being suspended without warning and no refunds are sent, reward points are not received once consumers complete offers.

On September 22, 2009 Zynga Game Network, Inc. responded to the pattern by stating the following:

In regards to reward points, users that click buy/earn points from within a Zynga game are presented with several options, including the ability to purchase points with a credit card or via Paypal, AND the option to complete various third party advertiser offers for which they will receive in-game points.

Once a user, by clicking on the appropriate button, chooses an offer, he or she will be taken to the website of the third party that is making the offer. The terms and conditions and any privacy policy that may relate to the offer are generally located on the third party website. In order to effectively complete an offer and receive the related points, users are required to provide various amounts of accurate information, which may mean filling out several pages of forms or questionnaires.
Many offers are subject to a verification period in order for offer providers to validate. Users that provide valid personal information, and complete every stage of an offer can expect to receive the promised points in 2 or more days.

It is the customer's responsibility to contact the offer company, ie: the third party through which they contacted within the Zynga game they were playing in order to inquire about the missing points before contacting Zynga with this issue.

In regards to customers not receiving a response from customer service, customers that need assistance must notify Zynga and submit a ticket by going to: http://www.Zynga.com/support and must create a profile in order for Customer Service to receive their ticket. They will need to provide as much information as possible in order to expedite the resolution of the complaint. The customer will not receive a return call from our inbound Billing Call Center. Their call is converted into a ticket and entered into our system to maintain the integrity of the thread in order to keep track of all activity between the company and the customer, and then their complaint is responded to through the ticket system we have in place. *BBB does not know when this practice was implemented.

Suspension of gaming accounts, banning and suspensions are a result of violating this rule, found in our Terms if Service. In-Game currencies/goods, a) Other than a limited, personal, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable license to use the Virtual Goods or Virtual Currency in the Service, you have no right or title in or to any such Virtual Goods or Virtual Currency appearing or originating in the Service, or any other attributes associated with use of the Service or stored within the Service. b) Zynga has the absolute right to manage, regulate, control, modify and/or eliminate such Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods as it sees fit in its sole discretion, and Zynga shall have no liability to you or anyone for the exercise of such rights. c) Transfers of Virtual Currencies and Virtual Goods are strictly prohibited except where explicitly authorized within the Service. Outside of the game, you may not buy or sell any Virtual Currency or Virtual Goods for "real world" money or otherwise exchange items for value. Any attempt to do so is in violation of these Terms and may result in a lifetime ban from Zynga Service and possible legal action. d) You agree that all sales of Virtual Goods and Currencies are final.

No refunds will be given, except in our sole and absolute discretion. All Virtual Goods and Currencies are forfeited if your account is terminated or suspended for any reason, in Zynga's sole and absolute discretion, or if Zynga discontinues providing the Service.

We are not at liberty to disclose the method by which banning or suspensions are handled.

#3065 - 06/30/10 11:52 AM Re: ZYNGA GAMES [Re: Michael45]
Admin
old hand

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Free-Press-Release.com) April 30, 2009 --

Hey everyone, I thought that I would warn you all about a possible scam going around possibly via myspace and facebook. When I was checking my email this morning, I got a legitimate email message from paypal (non phishing) saying that there was some suspicious activity on my account, and when I went directly to the paypal website (not via the link in the email), I found out my account was put on hold, and when I checked to see what was up, I found out that someone in my name purchased 500 in reward points at the Zynga Game Network, Inc. However, I do not remember making either of those transactionns, and so somebody got a hold of my account info somehow (I have been good about protecting myself online, and not sure how my info got out to scammers) and made the two transactions in my name. I disputed the two transactions and even sent an email to Zynga about the issue, and so hopefully I will get my money back. Anyways, I thought that I would warn everyone about this scam going around. It appears that it might have something to do with online game applications going around both via facebook and myspace (such as mob wars), and so you will need to be on your guard when downloading facebook applications. I lost $150 with this scam (the 2nd transaction did not go through, thankfully).

#3066 - 06/30/10 11:53 AM Re: ZYNGA GAMES [Re: Michael45]
Admin
old hand

Customer Complaint History for Zynga Game Network, Inc.
When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.
BBB processed a total of 595 complaints about Zynga Game Network, Inc. in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 595 complaints closed in 36 months, 522 were closed in the last year.
These complaints concerned :
- 14 regarding Advertising Issues
7 - Advertised terms not honored
1 - Advertisement did not disclose all conditions required to take advantage of an offer
2 - Advertisement misrepresented a product
2 - Advertisement misrepresented a service
1 - Bait & switch advertisement
1 - False or unsubstantiated claims in advertisement

- 91 regarding Billing or Collection Issues
20 - Failure to correct billing errors
1 - Failure to substantiate charges
14 - None of the Above - Credit, Billing or Collection Complaint Issue
18 - Unauthorized bank debits
38 - Unauthorized credit card charges

- 10 regarding Contract Issues
7 - Failure to honor a contract or agreement
3 - None of the Above - Contract Complaint Issue

- 205 regarding Customer Service Issues
98 - Failure to provide promised assistance or support for products or services
51 - Failure to respond to phone calls or written requests for assistance or support
7 - Inappropriate behavior by customer service personnel
49 - None of the Above - Customer Service Complaint Issue

- 24 regarding Delivery Issues
14 - Non-delivery of products
9 - Non-delivery of services
1 - None of the Above - Delivery Complaint Issue

- 4 regarding Guarantee or Warranty Issues
1 - Failure to provide promised written warranty or guarantee
3 - None of the Above - Guarantee or Warranty Complaint Issue

- 56 regarding Product Issues
8 - Defective, damaged, or incorrect product received
48 - None of the Above - Product Quality Complaint Issue

- 78 regarding Refund or Exchange Issues
23 - Failure to honor promised refunds, exchanges, or credit
23 - Failure to honor refund, exchange or credit policies
32 - None of the Above - Refund or Exchange Complaint Issue

- 11 regarding Repair Issues
5 - Delayed completion of repair
2 - Improper or inferior repair
3 - None of the Above - Repair Complaint Issue
1 - Repairs resulted in additional damage

- 25 regarding Sales Practice Issues
5 - None of the Above - Sales Complaint Issue
1 - Sales presentation did not disclose complete pricing information
2 - Sales presentation did not disclose key conditions of the offer
5 - Sales presentation misrepresented the product
3 - Sales presentation misrepresented the service
1 - Sales presentation not consistent with advertisement
1 - Sales presentation not consistent with the written agreement
7 - Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices

- 77 regarding Service Issues
2 - Delayed completion of service
9 - Failure to honor service estimate or agreement
24 - Improper or inferior service
42 - None of the Above - Service Complaint Issue

These complaints were closed as:
+ 465 Resolved
163 - Company resolved the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to BBB.
302 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB.

+ 130 Administratively Closed

#3067 - 06/30/10 11:54 AM Re: ZYNGA GAMES [Re: Michael45]
Admin
old hand

Business Contact and Profile for Zynga Game Network, Inc.
Name: Zynga Game Network, Inc.
Phone: (800) 762-2530
Address: 365 Vermont Street

San Francisco, CA 94103
Original Business Start Date: July 2007
Principal: Mr. Ramon Icasiano, Vice President Customer Service
Customer Contact: Ms. Michelle Dysangco, Manager, Customer Support - (800) 762-2530
Email Address: RN_BBB@zynga.com.
Entity: Corporation
Incorporated: November 2007, DE
Employees: 800
Type of Business: Internet Gaming
BBB Accreditation: Zynga Game Network, Inc. is a BBB Accredited business.
Additional DBA Names: Zynga, Inc.
Farmville
Yoville
Texas Hold EM
Mafia Wars
Cafe World
FishVille
PetVille
Zynga Poker
Treasure Isle

#3068 - 06/30/10 12:24 PM Re: ZYNGA GAMES [Re: Michael45]
Admin
old hand

Possible Scam going around involving the Zynga Game Network.

I thought that I would warn everyone about a scam that I got hit with this morning. Some bought 500 rewards point for $150 twice in my name, and I do not recall making that transaction. In this article, I am warning everyone about this scam. Not sure how my info got out, but this is a costly one.

#3069 - 06/30/10 12:26 PM Re: ZYNGA GAMES [Re: Michael45]
Admin
old hand

Lawsuit Targets Zynga In-Game “Scam” Ads

December 8, 2009

A class action suit filed against the Zynga Game Network and Facebook alleges that “most, if not all” of the advertisements presented in Zynga’s social games are scams.

Rebecca Swift of Santa Cruz, California filed the lawsuit on November 17th in the United States District Court, Northern District of California. Swift claims that in April 2009, she provided her cell phone number to a Zynga advertiser/lead generator (offered in the form of an IQ test) in order to be texted a code that she could redeem for virtual currency in Zynga’s YoVille! game. Swift was then billed $9.99 on three different occasions as a result of her transgression.

On another occasion Swift signed up for a program centered around the “risk free trial” of a green tea herb supplement that promised to bestow Yoville currency on participants. Swift claimed the ad said she could cancel within 15 days of her order, so she went ahead and signed up using her debit card and was charged $5.95 for shipping and handling of the product. After receiving the product on June 24, 2009, Swift attempted to cancel the agreement, but on July 6 was charged $79.95, plus a $2.38 foreign transaction fee. On July 20, defendant was charged another $85.90, plus a foreign transaction fee.

All in all, for $165.85, Swift received 60 green tea pills and six tea bags from China. She believes that “Facebook and Zynga both profited and shared the funds” that she contributed, and that “both were aware, or should have been aware, of the false and misleading nature of the advertisement.”

The candor displayed by Zynga’s CEO Mark Pincus earlier this year, in discussing how he would do anything to make money for the company in its early days, may come back to haunt him, as the defendant cites direct quotes from Pincus on the subject in her complaint.

Defendant stated that the “aggregate amount in controversy for the Class exceeds $5.0 million.”
Zynga-developed applications include Farmville, Mafia Wars and Roller Coaster Kingdom in addition to the previously mentioned Yoville! The company claims 60.0 million daily users.

Fool me once, strike one. Fool me twice, strike three.

#3070 - 06/30/10 12:28 PM Re: ZYNGA GAMES [Re: Michael45]
Admin
old hand

Zynga faces lawsuit over ad scam
Monday, 23rd November 2009 at 1:52 pm
Zynga and Facebook ‘generated enormous profits through misleading adverts’

Social gaming outfit Zynga is at the centre of a class action lawsuit following complaints that the developer had used dishonest advertising to generate huge revenues.

More than $5 million is being sought from both the developer and Facebook, the latter being the platform Zynga’s adverts went through.

Zynga, the firm behind the extraordinarily popular Facebook games Mafia Wars and FarmVille, previously faced criticism for running controversial commercial offers.

The developer’s cost-per-action ads give users virtual currency for participating in various surveys, quizzes, or signing up for trial offers.

It is alleged that some companies used Zynga’s cost-per-action ads illicitly, making unauthorized credit charges.

Such allegations have now developed into a full lawsuit. Neither Facebook or Zynga have made a statement regarding the suit filing (in civil law their current position is innocent of such charges).

However, Zynga CEO Mark Pincus has already implied that such alleged scams were beyond the firm’s control, because they were managed by external companies.

And yet it is alleged that video footage of Pincus saying, “I did every horrible thing in the book just to get revenues,” can be connected to the case.

The lawsuit filing, re-published by Valleywag, claimed that “over the last four years, Zynga and Facebook have generated enormous profits through these misleading special offers.”

It is though that Zynga made around one third of its revenues from its cost-per-action advertising. That controversial advertising method saw Zynga's most recent Facebook title, FishVille, momentarily removed from Facebook.

“Industry sources estimate [Zynga’s] annual revenue from $100 million to $250 million per year, this means that Zangya has potentially obtained $33 to $84 million per year from consumers responding to the special offers it promotes and promulgates through its online games,” read the suit.

Facebook was also accused of taking huge profits from cost-per-action advertising.

“Facebook shares a substantial portion of the revenue generated from the false and misleading advertising promulgated through Zynga games,” read the filing.

“In fact, it is estimated that from 10 to 20 per cent of Facebook’s $500 million in annual revenues is generated through games published by Zynga.

“Facebook is fully aware of the false and misleading nature of the advertising promulgated through Zynga's applications and that despite this, it actively engages in promoting Zynga's game to the public."

#3071 - 06/30/10 12:32 PM Re: ZYNGA GAMES [Re: Michael45]
Admin
old hand

Report: Zynga Game Network
Reported By: ZYNGASTEALS (PALM BAY Florida)
United States of America Zynga Game Network Zynga has stolen 20 dollars from me. My minor son used my credit card without permission. They know that, but will not return the stolen money. I intend to call the police in San Francisco and have SAN FRANCISCO, California

What's This?Are you an owner, employee or ex-employee with either negative or positive information about the company or individual, or can you provide "insider information" on this company?

Victim of this person/company?

What's This?Are you also a victim of the same company or individual? Want Justice? File a Rip-off Report, help other consumers to be educated and don't let them get away with it!
Zynga Game Network

SAN FRANCISCO California
United States of America
Phone: 800-762-2530
Web Address: http://WWW.ZYNGA.COM

#3072 - 06/30/10 12:34 PM Re: ZYNGA GAMES [Re: Michael45]
Admin
old hand

Zynga Removes All Ad Offers After Facebook Suspends New Game
Over the weekend Zynga launched what was widely speculated to be its next major hit: FishVille, an "aquarium" game meant to capitalize on the success of up-and-coming social app developer CrowdStar's big hit, Happy Aquarium. By Sunday evening, though, FishVille had been taken offline by Facebook for non-compliance with its new advertising standards. The violations were caused by the presence of mobile ad offer scams in the new app's offer wall, served by an ad offer network called Double Ding.

Following FishVille's removal (after it had amassed 875,000 users in roughly two days), Zynga CEO Mark Pincus announced earlier today all CPA ad offers would be removed from Zynga games by the end of today. The impact this could have on Zynga's bottom line could be tremendous. Statements made by Zynga employees to the San Francisco Chronicle in the past have indicated that over half of the company's revenues are generated by advertising and ad offers that users accept in return for virtual currency.

FishVille was a game fairly similar to other Zynga social games, just themed around raising fish in an aquarium rather than creating a mob, tending to a farm, or creating theme parks. Users could populate a fish tank, take care of the fish inside, and later sell them off in order to earn money that could buy better fish tanks. Early looks at the game in action compared it very favorably to Happy Aquarium, owing to Zynga's more polished social features.

The mobile scam offers appeared in FishVille allegedly due to a mistake made by one of Zynga's many ad offer network partners, Double Ding. Zynga had asked all partners to remove the mobile offer category from its games, since that category is home to the vast majority of all scam offers. According to Zynga, all networks complied but Double Ding accidentally left six mobile offers in its queue. Upon being notified of this by Zynga, the company claims that Double Ding immediately removed the offers. Regardless, Facebook still opted to suspend FishVille.

The Third-Party Problem

Zynga previously worked with six different ad offer providers, with ad offer content provided by each controlled by that particular network. Mark Pincus cited this as the reason why Zynga would remove all ad offers until such time that "we can control their inclusion and presentation ourselves." Clearly Zynga wants the current ad offer networks to give them tools for filtering offers in-house.

The issue that keeps publishers like Zynga from filtering offers effectively right now is that the tools currently offered are "reactive" rather than "proactive," according to statements made by Pincus to Venture Beat. While offers can be filtered out of a publisher's ecosystem once they have appeared, there is nothing that allows publishers to prevent offers from appearing at all. With thousands of offers appearing in most network databases, effective filtering isn't possible even as a full-time job until more sophisticated approval systems are made available to publishers.

This was clearly the case with the Double Ding mobile offers spotted in FishVille when it went up over the weekend. What makes the issue with Double Ding hit very close to home is that Zynga invested an undisclosed amount in the ad offer start-up, as disclosed by Pincus in his announcement regarding the removal of ad offers from Zynga's games. Double Ding President Matt Handel said the offers appeared due to a bug and would only have been seen by 10% of all users.

That was still enough to get Facebook to pull a new game published by the largest and most successful app developer currently active on the platform. Clearly this is a signal to other app developers on the platform that the rules have changed and flagrant scams may no longer be tolerated. What happens with Zynga, its ad offer network partners, and the social gaming scene over the next few weeks may prove defining in the rise of social gaming.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Michael45, Ekid 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Copyright 2001-2011 Victims Against Scams LLC